- No food of any kind is permitted in the dance studios. Students are not permitted to chew gum in the dance room!!
- Outside street shoes should be avoided on the dance floors. If they must be worn, PLEASE wipe off your shoes on provided mats prior to entering the studio dance rooms!!!! Consider a separate pair of shoes for hip hop (as they tend to just wear sneakers).
- Ballet shoes are ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED TO BE WORN OUTSIDE!!
- All students must be in proper dress code while attending class. Appropriate shoes when required must also be worn to all classes.
- Class will be conducted with the doors closed. This will avoid any distraction from the lobby.
- Please make sure you arrive 5 to 10 minutes early to class.
- NO Cell Phones should be used during class time!!
- Students are expected to behave respectfully and courteously at all times toward Vibe staff and each other.
- Students must show respect for the property of others and for the facilities, leave dance bags and other property of others alone. Help keep the building clean and neat by putting trash in the waste can.
- Vibe is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Vibe is not liable in any way for injuries sustained attending classes or any of its related functions.
- Animals in the studio, other than service animals are not permitted.
- No one may smoke, drink alcohol or use bad language in or near the studio.
- All public displays of affection are inappropriate.
Vibe may discipline or dismiss any student from Vibe for breaking the rules, being uncooperative, disruptive or destructive, or for endangering the health, safety and welfare of him/herself and/or others.
CHRONIC DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR POLICY We will make every effort to work with the children having difficulties in class. We are here to serve and protect all our children, although; children displaying chronic disruptive behavior which has been determined to be upsetting to the physical or emotional well-being of any other child, or teacher, may require the following actions:
Initial Consultation Depending on age, the director may talk to the child first without notifying the parents in an effort to resolve the issue immediately. The director may require the parent(s) of any child who attends the studio to meet for a conference. Goals will be established and the parent will be involved in creating approaches towards solving the problem.
Second Consultation If the initial plan for helping the child fails, the parent(s) will again be required to meet with the director. Another attempt will be made to identify the problem outlining new approaches to the problem, and discuss the consequences if progress is not apparent.
Suspension When the previous attempts have been followed and no progress has been made towards solving the problem, the child may be suspended from the studio indefinitely. The studio may immediately suspend a child at any time he/she exhibits a behavior, which is harmful to himself/herself or others. A parent may be called at any time the child exhibits uncontrollable behavior that cannot be modified by the instructor. That parent may be asked to take the child home immediately.
The studio reserves the right to cancel the enrollment of a child for the following reasons:
- Non-payment or excessive late payment of fees.
- Not observing the rules of the studio.
- Child has special needs which we cannot adequately meet with our current staffing patterns.
- Physical and/or verbal abuse of staff or children, by a parent or child.
DRESS CODE POLICY
- Pre-dance and Next Step – Leotard and tights (any colors – we recommend transition tights), pink ballet shoes – black tap shoes for pre-dance – They may wear a skirted leo if the skirt is attached. Please do not wear skirts that are not attached as they tend to play with them, pull them up and down and become a distraction. The skirts should also be above their knees. For boys – t shirt and shorts are fine, and black ballet shoes.
- Ballet classes – Beginner through advanced Females
- Black leotard, conservative traditional SIMPLE styles (no embellishments, low-cut backs, halters, highcut legs or strap designs) Official leotards can be ordered through Vibe that will be worn in our KCB studio.
- Pink tights with feet worn in the shoes
- Bra (if appropriate); underclothing must not show – no sports bras
- Hair in a neat ballet bun; short hair secured with a band; all bangs neatly pinned or sprayed back
- No jewelry (except small earrings – females only)
- For the safety of the children, eyeglasses are not permitted. They may be permitted during bar. Please talk to us if your child cannot see AT ALL without glasses. Glasses tend to go flying when they do center work.
- White leotard or plain white t-shirt tucked in tights
- Black tights
- Black ballet shoes with elastic strap
- White socks (short)
- Black or tan dance belt (athletic supporter) if necessary
- Hair neatly combed back out of face and secure
A dress code will also teach students discipline, helping with overall focus and energy. By "dressing the part," dancers feel like dancers. Dress codes can also create unity among the dancers instead of causing a few dancers to stand out, much like a school uniform policy. Dress codes go a long way in minimizing distractions and help give classes a unified look.
- Tap and Jazz classes – comfortable clothes you can move in – not real long pants, black tap shoes for tap class and bare feet for jazz class
- Hip Hop classes – loose shirt, sweat pants or loose-fitting shorts, sneakers
- Tumbling/Acro classes – tight fitting clothing, a leotard or sports bra and shorts. No loose tops that will fly up.
MONTHLY TUITION POLICIES-This Agreement is for weekly classes running September through the second week in June. You are paying for 34 weeks of dance lessons with payments spread out over 9.5 months, however Vibe has included extra days in the schedule to allow for snow days. Tuition is due on the 20th day of the month prior to classes. We accept cash, checks, Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover. All checks should be made payable to Vibe Performing Arts. Tuition is not refunded for missed lessons for any reason.
After the 1st of the month a $25.00 late fee will AUTOMATICALLY be added to your account.
There is a $25.00 charge on all returned checks. If your account falls behind more than 2 months, you will be asked to pay your balance or your child’s enrollment may be canceled.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. This includes your registration fee, and any previously paid tuition and costume balances.
ADDING/DROPPING CLASSES 30 day notice is required to drop a class!!Please note that official forms are available at the front desk for all changes to your schedule. One month's notice from the first of the month is required to cancel any class. The Studio Office must be informed of ALL withdrawals by filing and signing the Add/Drop form. Withdrawals must be done with the front desk and not by informing the teacher. Withdrawals must occur within the first 7 days of the month to be effective for the next month.
MISSED CLASS MAKE UP POLICY If a student misses class it can be made up at a time that is convenient for the studio by having the student join another class that is similar. No refund will be given for missed classes. Classes that are canceled by the studio will be rescheduled.
SNOW OR BAD WEATHER POLICY If at any time it is necessary to cancel lessons due to bad weather such as snow and ice, it will be posted on our studio Facebook page as well as posted on our website after 2:30 P.M. for the evening classes and morning classes will be cancelled by 7:30am. There will be NO reduction of tuition. All classes can be made up during a similar class style at another time in the year. You may also take a tumbling class or a stretch turn and jump class to use as a makeup class.
STUDENT MAILBOXES: Every student will have a folder (mailbox) in the main lobby. Please check it frequently!
PERSONAL PROFIT ACCOUNT/FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITIES Here at VIBE we offer every student the ability to do fundraising to earn money for their own personal accounts. The fundraising we offer is never mandatory and 90% of the profits you earn go directly into your personal profit account. 10% will go back to the studio to cover costs associated with organizing the fundraisers and managing the profit accounts. You can then use these profits towards monthly tuition, vibe apparel, costumes, competition costs, year end show tickets, etc.
- Profits can ONLY BE USED FOR VIBE RELATED SERVICES. They cannot be used for anything that you would be paying someone else for, such as private lessons to teachers, pictures to Leer Photography, etc.
- Profit account money can be rolled over from year to year. If you no longer wish to be enrolled as a student of Vibe and there are unused funds in your profit account, you forfeit them. We are unable to give it to you in cash. This is for legal reasons. To use your profits simply fill out a “Use of Personal Profit Account” slip from the lobby and turn it into the office. We have many families that use this great perk to fully pay their tuition year round!
PARENT OBSERVATION Classes will be conducted with the doors closed. Only Performers, Choreographers, Directors, Coaches, Staff and Talent are allowed in the classrooms. There will be times that teachers will close the blinds completely as parents observing become very distracting to the kids.
CLASS ADVANCEMENT AND PLACEMENT POLICY Performers will be promoted in level based on their ability, attendance and attitude in class, outside of class and during performances and rehearsals. At Vibe we take great care and concern in making sure that each student is in a class where he or she will be challenged, but not overwhelmed, and will be able to execute new dance movements without injury or instilling bad habits. One of the most serious mistakes a student can make is to push themselves to be in a level where they are not ready. This can impede their ability to grow, cause injury and seriously affect a student’s motivation and sense of confidence. It is the exclusive decision of the Artistic Director of the studio and the teaching staff in deciding the appropriate classes for each student.
ATTENDANCE It is important that your child attends dance class every week. If a student misses a class she/he may make it up in a similar class at any time. You must let the office and the teacher know when you are making up a class.
DRESS REHEARSAL POLICY A mandatory dress rehearsal will be held the Saturday before the recital. All students must rehearse all their numbers at the dress rehearsal or they will not be permitted to perform in the recital. Students must bring their entire costume including tights, make-up, and shoes. Dress rehearsal is considered a lesson and as a result you will be charged as if that is a regular weekly class.
YEAR END SHOWCASE/RECITAL Tentatively to be held the second Sunday in June. (the school board officially approves us in November). Location is New Oxford Senior High School. You will receive more information on our year end showcase in January.
RECITAL AND TICKET POLICY All studio fees must be paid in full or your child will not be permitted to participate in the recital. There will be a $35 recital fee per student, due in June and this will include your child’s recital t-shirt with all dancer’s names on the back.
NO GOSSIPING!! Gossiping about kids, teachers, staff or ANYTHING Vibe related will be grounds for immediate dismissal from Vibe. We do NOT tolerate gossiping and drama!!!! Ask yourself – If the owner or a teacher were standing there would you say it? If not, then DON’T SAY IT!!
*Students must wait inside the building to be picked up.
*All students should use the restroom before they enter class.
*Please keep the lobby as QUIET possible. Younger children should be supervised and not allowed to be too loud as it *greatly distracts the classrooms.
*PLEASE throw away your trash and take your belongings with you!!!!
*Running and horseplay are not permitted in the lobby or in the student lounge
** PARENTS - Please do not interrupt the teacher while the class is in session or in between classes. Any concerns should be addressed at the front desk. Parent concern forms are available to fill out and a meeting or phone call will be set up. We are not responsible for unsupervised children!!
VIBE PARENT POLICY
We have a STRICT “NO DRAMA” policy at Vibe for the protection of everyone - not only with our students, but with our parents as well. We do not allow “stage mom/dad” type behavior in this studio. Gossiping about kids, parents, or teachers is absolutely forbidden within the studio or at any function that we are attending as a studio. DO NOT DISCUSS ISSUES with the other people in the lobby. When this happens, information that is not accurate gets relayed, half stories are told, and problems are created that otherwise would not exist. We generously have observation windows and areas for parents to sit while classes are going on but this is a privilege we provide that many other studios don’t as that is where a lot of drama starts (in the waiting room). Please help ensure that we can continue to have this privilege for our vibe families. Failing to comply with this rule can result in immediate dismissal from the studio.
VIBE STUDENT BEHAVIOR POLICY
Our “NO DRAMA” policy is in effect for the students as well.
We don’t tolerate bullying AT ALL!! If it is brought to our attention more than once or we see it with our own eyes that someone is bullying or causing drama it will be addressed immediately. If the situation does not resolve after a meeting with the director, it may result in immediate dismissal from the studio. We take this very seriously.
- We expect all students to treat other Vibe members with respect and kindness at the studio and outside of the studio. This includes saying anything mean directly to someone or behind their back, putting anything negative on social media about other students even if a name is not mentioned but others will know who it applies to, and any hurtful behaviors aimed at other students or Vibe faculty. We cannot control what happens outside of the studio, but unfortunately outside drama is often brought into the studio.
- Students please treat others as you want to be treated!
- ALWAYS be respectful to your teachers!